If You Could See Inside...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Ballad Of the Confused College Student


Due to recent events, it has occured to me that everything I thought I knew/believed in, is either wrong or a total lie (which are the same thing, I'm aware). I realize a great deal of my peers often feel this way - I guess it's the American College Experience. You don't want to go to school for whatever it is you're going for, you have a couple major freak outs at inappropriate times, drink too much, push everyone away, maybe experience a minor league homosexual experience (Note: If you were wondering, no), yadda, yadda, yadda. You question just about everything you do, get really stressed, lose sleep, and rant in your blog. And I'm sure this isn't limited to college students, either. So after the freak outs and the late nights, what do we do with it? I guess you could start smoking crack and just say the hell with everything, but that tends to get very expensive and even more unproductive. For those of us who advocate for progress, maybe instead of asking ourselves what we're doing here when we wake up, ask yourself what means something to you, or what makes you happy. I'm no motivational speaker, and I don't live in a van down by the river, but if we don't try to stay positive, what else do we have?

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

well...women have chocolate, and men have masturbation...however, those are just minor mood lifters:-P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home