If You Could See Inside...

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wisdom...Probably Not


Well, if you wanted wisdom, I apologize, because you have come to the wrong place. However, I can offer ideas. I had a professor at SCCC who would constantly laugh at all his students because we are all living in such a mess, and he would outwardly state this, the sadistic bastard. However, one day, as he was going off on such a rant, he explained that life is just a constant of different cycles; you're up, you're down, you're rich, you're poor, you're rational, you're rash, and so on. I realize that although he was mildly a lunatic, he was right about this.

One minute, I think I have everything figured out, and the next, I realize I'm just as lost as the next person. Just when I think I took one step foward, I have to take two (or, three, or seven..) back. And that's okay, because that's how it is supposed to be. If this applies to you as well, relax, at least you're going to learn something when you take the two steps back, and even if you were moving forward, you probably didn't know where you were going anyway, so what's the rush?

There is always going to be the one person you idolize, because you think that they have everything that you want, including sanity. Many would be surprised, that that one God-like person, is just as screwed up as you are, they just do a better job of hiding it. I guess the only solution I can offer is reaching out. Learn more about people you think have everything figured out, because well, two things could happen. Either, you'll learn their secret, shake your fist at the sky and curse, or, more likely, you'll realize, they really don't have everything figured out, and you can learn from them, and they can probably learn from you too. We can't be so afraid of eachother, because at the end of the day, that's all we have, so what's stopping you from using it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home