If You Could See Inside...

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Struggle


Everyone around me (including myself) appears to be struggling with some external problem. The key word here is appear. It seems to me, that everyone is struggling with an inner demon, that they can't completely let out, thus, they can't solve their problem, and then, they blame their issue on something external that they don't think they have control over. Yes I'm being a hypocrite right now, but hey I'm trying to change too.

I don't like watching everyone fall apart. And also, I promise that this will be the only semi-emotional diary like entry I will ever post, next time I'll e-mail Oprah or something. Anyway, this goes along with the whole idea of reaching out to people. Just talk to someone, anyone. Stop a man on the street, maybe you'll change his life, who knows. It's just so important to deal with whatever problem you're having head on, while you still have control.

If you're like me, you probaby don't want a bunch of people helping you out of whatever hole you've fallen into. Completely understandable. Struggle with someone, don't just help them. When people work together (I know, I sound like some kind of hippy liberal and I'm sorry), it makes everyone stronger. You can't always be someone's savior, you might need to let someone help you sometimes too. That's what makes a relationship real, rather than just a dependency.

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM , Blogger Molly said...

I think there's a fine line between getting through tough times together and feeding off each other's unhappiness. And I think in the past few weeks, we've been guilty of the latter. So I'm resolved to start a new beginning and be positive and look at each day as a new oppurtunity and YOU'RE coming with me. We're going to get through this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home